Struggling with acne? No worries. It’s common for people of all ages (that doesn’t subside the worries), though more so for teenagers and women going through menopause.
Why does acne happen?
Acne happens when you have hormonal imbalances in the body. Any changes in hormones cause the glands to produce more oil than usual, which causes the skin pores to get clogged up, and thus, allowing bacteria to grow.
However, knowing how it happens doesn’t make any of this end there. The struggle is real. Knowing the irritation and the impulse reactions, if you have ever tried to take things into your hands you will know that acne leaves scars after breakout.
How to get rid of acne scars?
Before we jump to that, let’s first get to know the types of acne scars.
There are three types of acne scars –
- Atrophic Scars – These scars appear as small indentations in the skin. These occur when the skin does not make fibroblasts in the healing process. (Fibroblasts are cells which play a crucial role in wound healing and the synthesis of collagen).
- Hypertrophic Scars – These scars occur when the skin makes too many fibroblasts as the acne spot heals, and furthermore causing a raised scar.
- Keloid Scars – These scars are quite similar to hypertrophic scars, however, they are typically much thicker than the original acne spot. The scars are usually darker than the surrounding skin and can be red or brown in color. Keloid scars can also cause symptoms, such as itchiness or pain.
Acne scars are unwanted reminders of acne and have proven to reduce self-esteem in many people, however, they don’t have to be permanent. All the victims of these scars wish to get rid of acne. Amongst the various solutions such as aloe vera, lemon, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil and Eucalyptus Essential Oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E oil, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, potato, turmeric, honey, and witch hazel, the most effective remedy to get rid of scar is neem oil.
What exactly Neem Oil does for skin?
Neem oil comes from the seed of the tropical neem tree, which is also known as Indian Lilac. Over a course of time, neem oil has been used to treat several conditions. Although it comes with a harsh odour, it is rich in fatty acids and other nutrients that are used in a variety of beauty products. Neem oil constitutes several ingredients that are extremely beneficial to the skin. These ingredients are fatty acids, limonoids, Vitamin E, triglycerides, antioxidants, and calcium.
Neem oil has been proved beneficial in beauty regimens and skincare. It has demonstrated its positive effects in treating acne, scars, blemishes, dry skin and wrinkles, stimulate collagen production, reduce scars, heal wounds, treat acne, and minimize warts and moles.
There are essential pointers which you need to keep in mind before using neem oil as a remedy to get rid of acne scars.
- Neem oil is safe but extremely potent and it may end up causing adverse reactions in someone with sensitive skin.
- The other thing which you need to remember is that if it’s the first time that you are using neem oil you should start by trying a small diluted amount of it on a small area of your skin, away from your face.
- If you develop redness or itchiness, you can further dilute the oil.
- Hives, severe rashes, or difficulty in breathing can be signs of allergic reactions to neem oil.
- Avoid using this oil on children since it is a powerful oil. Consult your doctor before doing so.
- Neem oil should never be consumed as it is toxic.
Now let’s address the MOST IMPORTANT benefit of Neem Oil.
How to Use Neem Oil on your Skin
Using pure neem oil directly on the may cause irritation, tingling sensation and dryness to the affected areas. Khadi Global offers a specialized regime– Nimbadi, for treating acne and its scars. All the products under this regime contain neem oil and extract as key ingredients, along with several other premium herbs which have positive effect on skin such as Aloe Vera Extract, Basil Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil and Eucalyptus Essential Oil. These herbs reduce the strong effects of neem which adding to the healing benefits of it.
If you have mild acne scars you can simply use Nimbadi Anti-Acne and Pimple control face wash or Nimbadi Anti-Acne and Pimple Control Face Cleanser to get rid of the acne scars. In the case of old and severe scars, it is advisable to follow the entire regime for 8-12 weeks for better results.
With a history of use spanning thousands of years, neem oil is an intriguing, all-natural oil which you can consider not only to get rid of acne scars but also to treat a variety of skin conditions, and as an anti-aging treatment. Even though neem oil is relatively expensive, easy to use, and it blends easily into the skin, as well as with other oils. It is a must recommend remedy to get rid of acne scars. Khadi Global Nimbadi range is gentle yet effective for all type of skins, even for highly sensitive skin.
Khadi Global Nimbadi range is gentle yet effective for all type of skins, even for highly sensitive skin.